Friday 21 March 2008

"30 in 30" Day 14 - I Knew It...

I knew this day would come. The day when I had no time to ride, no real window of opportunity on a wet, dreary Thursday. And so came the scenario I had feared since the start of this challenge: riding around the streets of London on my folding bicycle for an hour.

There, I've admitted it; My name's Sara and I have a folding bicycle. It gets worse - I was wearing a bobble hat, a bicycle clip on one ankle and tucked the other trouser leg into my sock. I had a day glo wrist band on one arm.

I was a British Champion once (well, singlespeed anyway) and now this is what I have been reduced to. Damn you Dr Jon! Damn you and all your silly bike riding ideas! I spit in your general direction...

In a vain attempt to divert attention away from these shameful admissions I thought it was about time to do a roll call of my fellow 30ers:
Simon - Grant - Ali - Cris - Samuri - Jenn - Steve - Marty and dR jOn.

So go, go I tell you! And read their exciting tales of proper riding, on proper bikes, I don't need you anyway! I'll be here if anybody wants me, on the bottom of this barrel, under the big cloud of shame (sniff, snivel, scrape...)

2 comments:

simondbarnes said...

Folder, bobble hat, trouser clip and dayglo wrist band. What a great image ! Still, it beats rollers and turbo trainers :)

G as in Chris said...

You are dead to me. I rend my clothing! :~)